What I am doing:

I am currently working with an organization called Peace Brigades International in Nepal. This organization does international human rights accompaniment work. I am assigned to shadow threatened human rights workers to act as a witness and deterrent to political violence. I represent both the implied and actual attention of the international community. Thus, my presence along with a great deal of diplomacy work with all levels of government and military functions to prevent violence directed at these people. If further threats or a confrontation does occur concerning the person I am accompanying, or myself, an Emergency Response Network is activated that puts heavy pressure on the perpetrators. This network extends from simple actions from people like yourself to high level diplomatic sanctions, pressure from UN officials, Pressure from other countries' governments, etc... This, along with other nonviolent forms of action work to protect these people's lives and allow them to do their very important work.





Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hot Chocolate

So Ive been zipping arround London with Trev and Anna for a few days now stopping at pubs, visiting parlement, shopping in open air markets, people watching and lots more. On one of these adventures we stopped in this little cafe for lunch and this wonderfuly sweet Italian woman talked me into trying her special hot chocolate. She said that I couldnt possibly not enjoy it and if I did i would not have to pay. So I tried it and it tasted somewhere between liquid chocolate, chocolate pudding and heaven desolving in my mouth. When i exclaimed my enjoyment through a shamble of words and "mmmmm" sounds she said that when little kids get her hot chocolate and cant finish it all she puts it into a to-go cup and they eat it later chilled like pudding. I took her up on her offer and went to get the rest of my mug put into a to-go cup. The other shop workers put it into the new cup and then topped it off completly with more chocolate. "to make me happy" the guy said. And it worked. Although it took me three days to consume all that sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Hei, to keep up with Italian traditions I'll make you one too next time u come visit...hot chocolate during monsoon is a must ;)!!

    ReplyDelete