What I am doing:

I am currently working with an organization called Peace Brigades International in Nepal. This organization does international human rights accompaniment work. I am assigned to shadow threatened human rights workers to act as a witness and deterrent to political violence. I represent both the implied and actual attention of the international community. Thus, my presence along with a great deal of diplomacy work with all levels of government and military functions to prevent violence directed at these people. If further threats or a confrontation does occur concerning the person I am accompanying, or myself, an Emergency Response Network is activated that puts heavy pressure on the perpetrators. This network extends from simple actions from people like yourself to high level diplomatic sanctions, pressure from UN officials, Pressure from other countries' governments, etc... This, along with other nonviolent forms of action work to protect these people's lives and allow them to do their very important work.





Sunday, February 28, 2010

training

All Right! Training is going great. I am forming a pretty good understanding of the realities of my coming work and feel as though I am on track for being prepared. I have a few days left and am kinda sad about that. I feel the training is very intense but very good. I feel that the people I am here with are quite exceptional individules with a great deal of Moral Strength and dedication. All in all it is being a very fruitful experience and I feel full of life as I move one step closer to the work for which I have been preparing to do for so long. farewell for now all my loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear saathi! So glad you're back in Nepal, Ill be keeping track of your adventures form over here in Pakistan :) Very proud of the work you will be doing. I think we are also more or less in the same time zone if you ever want to skype. Jai Nepal!
    --sarah

    ReplyDelete